Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Highway Thoughts




I like to listen to MP3 sermons on my drive to and from work (45 min if traffic is good). Today's message was by Chuck Swindol, it was about how Jesus was tempted, and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before.




In Matthew 4:11 the Bible says that Jesus went out into the desert to be tempted by Satan. I was convicted by the fact that when Jesus was tempted, at the worst point, He had Satan himself, a lack of shelter for 40 days and a lack of food for forty days - in the desert, and yet he still didn't fail; he resisted.




Oh how I fail so often, but not because of extreme duress or anything like it. I sit here with food in my stomach, money in my pocket, a roof over my head and all my dreams handed to me. I still fail, how weak I am. Praise You Lord for forgiving me! Praise You for loving me even after I fail again and again and again.




Jesus didn't care about his dreams. He came to this world fulfilling only His Father's will. I'm sure He had dreams, things He would have liked to do, a life He would have liked to live - a life He could have lived if He had wanted to. You could say that His dream was to fulfill His Father's will, and that's true. But I'm sure there were things he wished he could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment