Friday, February 19, 2010

I LOVE the cold weather, I LOVE snow and I LOVE driving in it (with the correct vehicle, which I don't own at this time). I don't even mind shoveling it. But I have to admit that I am spending sooo much time shoveling that I'm not getting other things done.

But the Lord has blessed me with two sons who like to help me. And they REALLY do help too! First of all they are good for company, its nice that they can talk to me about real stuff, not just nonsense. They also keep my mind from wandering which usually leads to my worrying about stuff or reliving arguments.

Our winter has been too cold to make a snowman (the snow won't stick together). So we resorted to piling the snow and making snow monsters. Although I have to admit that they really look a lot like Marjory from Fraggle Rock. I'm pretty sure Nathanael's was friendly since he's kissing his. BUT - I must warn you that Mattathias's monster looks friendly but that is just a guise; all the little bumps covering what looks like a stick are actually TEETH! I got that information from Mattathias as he was closer than I was.

Secondly they really do move snow! If I let them they can easily have two cars worth of the driveway cleared before I am able to get out there. They also get the path ready for me by clearing a line down the middle of the sidewalks making it faster and easier to clear the sides.

Mattathias is usually able to stay out longer (he's like me and doesn't really have a limit, we can stay warm indefinitely), but Nathanael is getting better at handling the cold and he's also getting better at shoveling effectively. I won't even get into how they help when I'm mowing; I'll save that for this summer.

Thank you Lord for my wonderful family! Raising 4 1/2 kids is a lot of hard word (I won't even mention how hard it is for Andrea) but the Lord makes it well worth the effort!

1 comment:

  1. I know that this post was started at least 2 weeks ago, but I didn't get the pictures gathered together so he could post it. :)

    ReplyDelete