Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Create a Toddler shirt

So. . . Brian sent me link to a craft site. He probably didn’t expect me to blog about it 2 hours later though (took me a while to find a shirt that would work)
Anyways, one of the crafts he told me to check out was this :
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-toddler-dress-from-a-t-shirt/Make a Toddler Dress from a T-Shirt!! How Cute!!
I finally found a shirt, it was a plain black shirt in a medium size (It was in a box in the basement, probably should have landed in Goodwill a while ago, but I was glad to find it.



So I cut it up, and pulled out my sewing machine and sewed it up. Next time, I’ll take note of how long the original shirt is on her before cutting, I actually really liked that length, and so I had added a couple of extra inches so it would have a bit longer waist.Oh well, a fun cute play dress!!
Oh, and I sew over a piece of dental floss when I need to gather. Just a zig zag stitch over it, and then pull the floss as tight as you need, and move the gathers as needed. So much less perment, and easy to do ;)And then, because I thought it was a bit plain I added some hearts. (Don't mind her pile of clothes, she just changed right there, and I forgot to hide them ;) )




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT! Now we just need to find out how to make jump suits out of T-Shirts for the boys!

    ReplyDelete